Forum:Disabling rogue level
Hi, is there a way to disable the rogue level(as in make it not appear,while a normal level at its place)? The tileset does not work on it and while I can handle bad graphics if the gameplay is good, I draw the line at ASCII...
Sorry if I am being obtuse but what is compile time? When I extract? And I don't see any file called config.
- It's when you build Nethack (or any other program) from source code. If you're not doing that, you can't disable the Rogue level. Sorry. Kufat (talk) 01:34, 6 March 2015 (UTC)
And how do I do that?
There is something I am doing wrong. Unpacking the source only give me a nethack-343-scr.tar
- Sorry, I can't really hang around to give you step by step instructions if you've never compiled a program or worked with standard *nix tools before. The wiki page I linked should help, and there're probably some helpful HOWTOs out there. Kufat (talk) 02:22, 6 March 2015 (UTC)
- You're halfway there. Did you use gzip from a command line? You'll need to use "tar xvf nethack-343-src.tar" to finish the job. (Next time you get one of these, just run tar on it; it knows about gzip and several other compression programs.)
- Or did you use 7-Zip? If so, you saw that file in 7-Zip's window. Just double click it and that'll show you what's in the distribution; you can then extract the files.
- Either way, you should have a directory called "nethack-3.4.3" with a bunch of files under it. Head for sys/win32 and you'll find some READMEs there.
- --Ray Chason (talk) 23:22, 6 March 2015 (UTC)
Thanks! I did it properly this time. However,when I run install.bat, it tell me there is no disk and that I must insert one?
- There's no install.bat in the source tarball; perhaps you have a binary distribution? (And I misspoke; that should be sys/winnt.) Or you ran sys/winnt/nhsetup.bat, or some other script? There's no "insert a disk" message in that script.
- What is the name of the file you unpacked? Can you name a few files that you found in it? What script exactly did you run, and what exact error message did you see?
- I hope I'm not sounding pedantic. Computers sometimes frustrate me too, and I've been using them since 1980. Anything you tell me might possibly be of help. (Well, almost everything.)--Ray Chason (talk) 15:34, 7 March 2015 (UTC)
I followed the instructions on the compiling page from this wiki. I have the corrects subdirectories. I made the install.bat by copy-pasting this: PATH=%PATH%;c:\mingw\bin cd src mingw32-make -f makefile.gcc install But When I run it, it say: Il n'y a pas de disque dans le lecteur. Insérez un disque dans le lecteur I:.(It's in french,it mean: There is no disk in the disk drive. Insert a disk in the drive I:.)