Forum:Wikia nethack nethack.wikia.com
They are two hethack wikis... Created the same day O_o ??? it seam some admins abandoned it to move here... (Paxed and Tjr???)
Whats going on? A dispute? Why not delete one?
What if you created an article about nethack.wikia and explain it a bit. --22.214.171.124 04:33, 18 November 2014 (UTC)
- People won't necesarilly know. How about make all the pages redirect there, and have it be the featured article? Maybe somehow reconfigure it so that the main page will have a link to the corresponding page on nethackwiki. eg I go to nethack.wikia.com/wiki/excalibur, and it'll redirect me to the main page that explains that that wiki is obsolete, and have a link to nethackwiki.com/mediawiki/excalibur? It would be pretty hard to make though, but maybe not.
126.96.36.199 16:41, 8 February 2015 (UTC)Elrond
- Ok i got it. Wikia doesn't permit deletions so that they can make more money... What if you slowly deleted pages???--188.8.131.52 05:11, 18 November 2014 (UTC)
- Deleting would probably be too obvious and reverted by the wikia staff. One idea to try would be to rename the articles so that the links break for google (you'd have to uncheck 'create redirect') and make it look like a reorganization of the content.
- Dungeon features would be a good start. For example move "Altar" to "Altar (dungeon feature)". Might look innocent enough and you just accidentally broke the external incoming links (the internal ones will still work).
- --Bhaak (talk) 10:05, 18 November 2014 (UTC)
- The problem, is that they hide the fact that their wiki is a ghost town. I had to dig down pages to find out what was going on. Why not make an article here about wikia nethack, explaining what is really going on .... and make an article THERE about this wiki hehehe :P . Isn't that perverse? :P . This wiki is notable enough to be included at wikia nethack, and we'll say what is REALLY going on. Including the incidents that lead to the exodus... What i'm proposing is perfectly legitimate, i want to see how they'll handle it. If they do their bitches about what i'm proposing, we'll just add the new incident at the wikia nethack article here.... Depending how good or badly they handle it, we could try to have the story reported on various specialist sites/social media, like slashdot, or if lucky, even include it in their Wikipedia article. This is realistic, since they are 1000 people at the competition and at NAO (on this server...) they are 400 games a day. Any one want to share his thoughts? Especially the admins.--184.108.40.206 22:11, 18 November 2014 (UTC)
- As for why the cool kids packed up and left, consider how ugly Wikia sites are -- just what do those side bars accomplish anyway? -- and how the editing and navigation are dumbed down. If you can edit Wikipedia, you can edit NetHackWiki; but the last time I tried to do a redirect on a Wikia site, I had to jump through a bunch of hoops rather than just type #REDIRECT [[some-page]].--Ray Chason (talk) 02:21, 19 November 2014 (UTC)
Lots of newbies get confused by the two wikis. Let's drum up an article to explain that (and link to it from relevant places).
However, it's not possible to deface the wikia wiki: somebody already tried the stealth tactics, and they [sent a bot to undo it all http://nethack.wikia.com/index.php?limit=500&tagfilter=&title=Special%3AContributions&contribs=user&target=Rappy+4187&namespace=&year=2013&month=7]. --Tjr (talk) 16:31, 23 January 2015 (UTC)
- How about we just go very slowly. One article a month, until they're all gone. They'll probably still show up on google search for a while, because they only take snapshots of websites occasionally. Deleting one right now.
220.127.116.11 16:44, 8 February 2015 (UTC)Elronnd