NetHack 3.6.4 is the 34th public release of NetHack. It was released on December 18th 2019, just 13 days after the previous release. This release fixes a major security exploit that existed in versions 3.6.0, 3.6.1, 3.6.2 and 3.6.3.
Nethack 3.6.4 is available from the official NetHack website.
- Fixes message when player's steed encounters a polymorph trap.
- Allows teleporting onto the vibrating square.
- Fixes a message when the player's inventory was full and they tried to pick up gold
- A flying player can use > to travel down holes or trap doors instead of escaping a trap and trying again.
- A polymorphed player hiding on a ceiling can use > to unhide.
- On Windows, all game files can be stored on a portable device using the option 'portable_device_paths'.