Shambling horror (Slash'EM Extended)
In Slash'EM Extended, there are quite a bunch of shambling horror monsters. The following ones will have their properties randomized at the start of each game:
- Unnethack horror
- Sporkhack horror
- Unnethackplus horror
- Slashem horror
Their names are references to NetHack variants; originally, the shambling horror was a Unnethack/Sporkhack monsters. The Unnethackplus and Slashem horrors will always try to avoid the player, similar to a unicorn. These creatures can randomly be harmless, dangerous or anything in between, depending on their random attacks; unlike Sporkhack/Unnethack, they can actually get rider-grade attacks (touch of death, illness or hunger) or random breath weapons (including disintegration). Approaching them without the respective resistances is like playing russian roulette; you'll never know if they have an instakill attack.
Additionally, Slash'EM Extended has a bunch of shambling horrors with pre-defined attributes (some of them have been inspired by KoboldLord's excellent SporkHack Let's Play, having attributes that are very similar to what he randomly encountered during his runs):
- Shambling horror, level 10, speed 12, ac 0, attacks: engulf blindness, passive disease, arcane spellcasting; flying, concealed, resists poison.
- Skeletal horror, level 15, speed 12, ac -6, attacks: kick disease, claw shock; breathless, regenerates, resists poison/death.
- Ferrous horror, level 20, speed 12, ac -8, attacks: bite rust, gaze confuse; amphibious, mindless, can't be tamed, resists poison/death/drain/stoning.
- Tunnel horror, level 25, speed 12, ac -10, attacks: arcane spellcasting, engulf acid; unsolid, passes through walls, wanders, can't be tamed, resists poison/death/drain/stoning/sleep.
- World-ending horror, level 30, speed 13, ac -12, attacks: touch death, kick hallucination, kick stun; tunnels, is a humanoid, stalks, can't be tamed, resists poison/death/drain/stoning/sleep/disintegration.
The player may not polymorph into any of these creatures.