Forum:Monster usable items
i suck at searching. where is the definitive list of items (scrolls, wands, etc) that monsters will use against you? --22.214.171.124 11:31, 12 August 2011 (UTC)
- This isn't exactly the list you're looking for, but the article Monster starting inventory has links to what monsters can be generated with, and that should include most of the items monsters can use against you. However, I can think of some items that monsters know how to use (cockatrice corpses and eggs) but cannot be in starting inventories... --Erica 14:53, 12 August 2011 (UTC)
- Amulet: reflection, life saving.
- Weapons: Most melee weapons, and most ranged weapons if the species has a ranged attack. Bullwhips. Mattocks.
- Armor: they wear everything, mostly without the player-style extra effects.
- Food: petrifying corpses and eggs, and lizard or acidic corpses to cure themselves. Cream pies can be thrown to blind the player.
- Scrolls: defensive create monster, teleportation; offensive earth.
- books: none.
- potions: offensive confusion, sleeping, blindness, acid, paralysis; defensive healing, extra healing, sickness if Pestilence, full healing; misc: invisibility, speed, polymorph, gain level. No hallucination or sickness offense.
- ring: none.
- wand: offensive: magic missile, striking, cold, fire, lightning, sleep, death; defensive: digging, create monster, teleportation; misc: make invisible, speed monster, polymorph. Notably no slow monster or cancellation (except in SLASH'EM).
- tools: bugle (soldiers), frost horn, fire horn, pick-axe and unihorns as weapon, non-cursed unihorn for curing, key. Don't know about grappling hook. Notably absent: bag of tricks, lock pick, credit card.
- Gems: glass, flint, and rocks as sling ammo if ranged attack, boulder as a giant or titan.
- Traps/features: defensive: hole/trap door/etc, teleportation, levelporter, stairs. misc: polytrap.
That should be all, but no guarantees. --Tjr 18:38, 12 August 2011 (UTC)
- For misc wands monsters will also use wands of polymorph. 126.96.36.199 10:57, 13 August 2011 (UTC)
- Fixed. --Tjr 12:06, 13 August 2011 (UTC)
- Food: Keystone Kops can use cream pies? --Erica 02:37, 16 August 2011 (UTC)
- Yes. Added. Actually, any monster with a ranged attack can throw cream pies (easily verified in wizard mode). It's just unusual because cream pies are relatively rare outside of the kops. -- Qazmlpok 02:41, 16 August 2011 (UTC)