- 8th March 2020 - NetHack 3.6.6 is released
- 27th January 2020 - NetHack 3.6.5 is released
- 23rd January 2020 - GnollHack public beta available for Windows.
- 20th December 2019 - NetHack 370-hdf (bleeding edge) is available for play on all Hardfought NetHack servers. Please see this reddit post for details.
- 18th December 2019 - NetHack 3.6.4 is released
- 18th December 2019 - Slash'EM Extended bleeding-edge release v260 is available.
- 5th December 2019 - NetHack 3.6.3 is released
- 28th October 2019 - NetHack 3.6.3 pre-release available in the Windows Store.
- Older news...
Hello, welcome to NetHackWiki!
Its main goals are:
- Fix game balance issues.
- Eliminate tedious and frustrating parts of the game.
- Make uninteresting things more diverse, unique, and varied.
- Experiment with new ideas from the community.
It is not intended to be a "kitchen-sink variant"—the main focus is on enhancing and deepening the existing systems in the game, rather than adding lots of new objects, monsters, and roles willy-nilly.
It is intended to keep up with the development version of vanilla NetHack, and will regularly merge in its latest commits. It has also drawn inspiration from SpliceHack, EvilHack, NetHack Fourk, GruntHack, SliceHack, and various patches from the 3.4.3 era.
Version 5.0 of xNetHack is currently released and is available to play on the hardfought public servers.
xNetHack's source can be found on Github, should you want to compile it yourself.