- 15th December 2015 - Slash'EM Extended stable release version v151 is available. Play online at slashem.anderdonau.de (play via ssh), View the source code at GitHub
- 8th December 2015 - slashem.crash-override.net moved to slashem.anderdonau.de
- 7th December 2015 - NetHack 3.6.0 released!
- 1st December 2015 - devnull tournament 2015 has ended
- 1st November 2015 - devnull tournament 2015 has started
- 9th August 2015 - Wiki updated to MediaWiki 1.25
- 9th August 2015 - DynaHack can now be played online at nethack.xd.cm (play via SSH or web terminal).
- 12th July 2015 - This wiki has been migrated to a new, faster instance. If you're seeing this message, you're on the new server.
- 1st June 2015 - Junethack 2015 has started
- 26th April 2015 - The 81st @Play article, Rogue's Item ID in Too Much Yet Not Enough Detail, is up.
- 25th April 2015 - dNetHack 3.9 released. Play online at nethack.xd.cm (play via ssh), participate in the Ascend all Roles Competition
- 3rd April 2015 - The DevTeam announces that a new official Nethack version is still under active development.
- 2nd April 2015 - A beta, 4.3-beta2, of NetHack 4 is released.
- Older news...
Hello, welcome to NetHackWiki!
NetHack 3.6.0 is described by the DevTeam as consisting of "a series of foundational changes in the team, underlying infrastructure and changes to the approach to game development." It focuses on these internal changes more than on the addition of new content, but there are still some features introduced in this version.
Notable changes in NetHack 3.6.0 include:
- The Amulet of Yendor may be offered to Moloch.
- Elbereth is less efficient.
- The clouds on the Plane of Air now move.
- Being crowned gives the player an extra skill slot.
- Several dozen bug fixes, including a crash related to dropping loadstones.
- The vibrating square is now a trap.
- Farming was nerfed in various ways.
- Sokoban puzzles no longer track cheating after they are fully solved.
- The #adjust command can be used to split an inventory stack.
- The #tip and #terrain commands were introduced.
This version also added references to various lines from Terry Pratchett's Discworld novels to the game, as a tribute to the author, who passed away in the year of this version's release.