- 16th February 2023 - NetHack 3.6.7 is released
- 15th December 2022 - EvilHack version 0.8.1 has been released. See this reddit post for details.
- 1st November 2022 - The November NetHack Tournament 2022 has begun.
- 1st June 2022 - Junethack 2022 has started!
- 18th April 2022 - EvilHack version 0.8.0 has been released. See this reddit post for details.
- 9th March 2022 - xNetHack version 7.0 is released. See this reddit post for details.
- 1st February 2022 - EvilHack version 0.7.1 has been officially released, please see this reddit post for details.
- 1st November 2021 - The November NetHack Tournament 2021 has begun.
- 1st June 2021 - Junethack 2021 has started!
- 26th May 2021 - #nethack IRC channel moved to irc.libera.chat
- Older news...
- Roguelike Theory of Relativity
- Jewelry Eating
- What role would serve quest nemeses?
- The YANI about throwing to an arbitrary direction
- YANI: Falling down the stairs while wielding a rubber chicken should be survivable if...
- Amulets Price ID not listed in the Price IDentification page
- Bilious down?
- Documentation on Famine and Pestilence
- How Do I Fix XrmGetResource Errors Spaming Nethack Console?
This wiki was founded on 11 October 2005. We have 3,384 articles.
Hello, welcome to NetHackWiki!
xNetHack is a variant of NetHack 3.7.0's development version.
Its main goals are:
- Fix game balance issues.
- Eliminate tedious and frustrating parts of the game.
- Make uninteresting things more diverse, unique, and varied.
- Experiment with new ideas from the community.
It is not intended to be a "kitchen-sink variant"—the main focus is on enhancing and deepening the existing systems in the game, rather than adding lots of new objects, monsters, and roles willy-nilly.
It is intended to keep up with the development version of vanilla NetHack, and will regularly merge in its latest commits. It has also drawn inspiration from SpliceHack, EvilHack, NetHack Fourk, GruntHack, SliceHack, and various patches from the 3.4.3 era.
Version 7.0 of xNetHack is currently released and is available to play on the hardfought public servers.
xNetHack's source can be found on Github, should you want to compile it yourself.