- 23rd March 2021 - xNetHack version 6.0 is released. See this reddit post for details.
- 1st November 2020 - The November NetHack Tournament has begun! See the wiki page for details.
- 15th July 2020 - The NetHack Scoreboard has new hosting and is on a new domain - https://nethackscoreboard.org.
- 11th May 2020 - SpliceHack version 0.7.1 is released. See this reddit post for details.
- 25th April 2020 - Slash'EM Extended bleeding-edge release v266 is available.
- 10th April 2020 - xNetHack version 5.1 is released. See this reddit post for details.
- 5th April 2020 - EvilHack version 0.5.0 has been released, please see this reddit post for details.
- 8th March 2020 - NetHack 3.6.6 is released
- 27th January 2020 - NetHack 3.6.5 is released
- 23rd January 2020 - GnollHack public beta available for Windows.
- Older news...
- My calculation about the best weapon to choose
- DarkVector appearance?
- PSA: The watercooler is back.
- Ever got annoyed by lack of color differences?
- Portrait NetHack/roguelikes, a suggestion for developers
- A bit disappointed with 3.6.0, anyone?
- Thosugris of Aithosogul?
- Dope Brownie
- Homosexual Foocubi?
Hello, welcome to NetHackWiki!
SpliceHack is a variant of NetHack 3.6.x developed by AntiGulp. SpliceHack aims to be a kitchen sink variant that maintains similar balance to vanilla and offers a large selection of quality of life features.
The main goals of SpliceHack are as follows:
- Add many new monsters, items, and other features in order to make the game more dynamic and interesting.
- Maintain a healthy balance that is challenging, but still fun to play.
- Create a more interesting endgame and ascension.
- Make changes intuitive enough that a player used to playing vanilla NetHack can learn to play SpliceHack with little difficulty.
- Pull in changes from vanilla NetHack if they are compatible.