- 25th March 2019 - Wiki upgraded to MediaWiki 1.32.0. Report breakage to User:Paxed
- 1st January 2019 - UnNetHack 5.2.0 has been released.
- 1st November 2018 - The November NetHack Tournament has begun!! Please see the wiki page here for details.
- 12th October 2018 - Player/clan sign up is now available for The November NetHack Tournament. Please see this Reddit post for details.
- 12th September 2018 - The November NetHack Tournament has been announced.
- 11th September 2018 - NetHack 3.6.2-hdf (bleeding edge) is available for play on all Hardfought NetHack servers. Please see this Reddit post for details.
- 18th July 2018 - Slash'EM Extended release version v227 is available.
- 12th May 2018 - NetHack 3.6.1-hdf is released for public server use - see this Reddit post for details.
- Older news...
Hello, welcome to NetHackWiki!
SpliceHack is a variant of NetHack 3.6.x developed by AntiGulp. SpliceHack aims to be a kitchen sink variant that maintains similar balance to vanilla and offers a large selection of quality of life features.
The main goals of SpliceHack are as follows:
- Add many new monsters, items, and other features in order to make the game more dynamic and interesting.
- Maintain a healthy balance that is challenging, but still fun to play.
- Create a more interesting endgame and ascension.
- Make changes intuitive enough that a player used to playing vanilla NetHack can learn to play SpliceHack with little difficulty.
- Pull in changes from vanilla NetHack if they are compatible.