- 21st October 2017 - /dev/null/nethack Tribute Tournament will start on November 1, 07:00 UTC
- 17th August 2017 - Wiki upgraded to MediaWiki 1.29.0.
- 22nd April 2017 - This wiki upgraded to MediaWiki 1.28.1, and underlying OS, database, library versions, and more were also upgraded.
- 19th December 2016 - Slash'EM Extended stable release version v185 is available. Play online (v176) at em.slashem.me, View the source code at GitHub
- 1 November 2016 - devnull tournament 2016 starts at 07:00 UTC
- 4th July 2016 - Alex Smith (AceHack, NetHack 4) and Patric Mueller (UnNetHack) join the DevTeam
- 1st June 2016 - Junethack 2016 has started
- 11th February 2016 - Nethack now has an official public git repository.
- Older news...
- Gray ooze?
- Greased weapons and spashing vs hitting
- Use for invisibility
- New way to get killed....
- Nethack 3.6.0 tileset nevanda 32x32
- Nethack 3.6.0 isn't working with Nevanda 32x32 tiles
- Ubuntu terminal displays bold texts instead of actual bright colors??
- The Yendorian Army's alignment
- Inventory Management
- Resolve to ascend 2018
Hello, welcome to NetHackWiki!
Score is calculated all throughout the game, and if you have the showscore setting in your rcfile, you can see it on the bottom line at all times. Score also decides if the game considers your character a beginner and gives a "strange feeling" message when use-testing things.
Low-score ascensions are generally more prestigious because you got the job done with less effort.