- 12th October 2018 - Player/clan sign up is now available for The November NetHack Tournament. Please see this Reddit post for details.
- 12th September 2018 - The November NetHack Tournament has been announced.
- 11th September 2018 - NetHack 3.6.2-hdf (bleeding edge) is available for play on all Hardfought NetHack servers. Please see this Reddit post for details.
- 18th July 2018 - Slash'EM Extended release version v227 is available.
- 12th May 2018 - NetHack 3.6.1-hdf is released for public server use - see this Reddit post for details.
- 28th April 2018 - NetHack 3.6.1 is released
- 27th April 2018 - Slash'EM Extended stable release version v222 is available. Play online at em.slashem.me, View the source code at GitHub
- 21st October 2017 - /dev/null/nethack Tribute Tournament will start on November 1, 07:00 UTC
- 17th August 2017 - Wiki upgraded to MediaWiki 1.29.0.
- Older news...
Hello, welcome to NetHackWiki!
GruntHack is a variant of NetHack, with the objective of extending and enhancing gameplay that exists in vanilla NetHack. Some of the changes are similar to those in SLASH'EM or in NetHack brass, but GruntHack takes a different direction from either.
The current release is 0.2.4 (git 51d75ee) - last build Mon Sep 17 01:15:36 2018 (at hardfought.org (HDF))
Public servers - the original (running version 0.2.0 alpha 4) is available at http://grunthack.org/. Servers running the current updated release are available at hardfought.org (USA) and em.slashem.me (Europe), with respective IRC channels of #grunthack, #hardfought and #em.slashem.me on Freenode.