- 1st November 2018 - The November NetHack Tournament has begun!! Please see the wiki page here for details.
- 12th October 2018 - Player/clan sign up is now available for The November NetHack Tournament. Please see this Reddit post for details.
- 12th September 2018 - The November NetHack Tournament has been announced.
- 11th September 2018 - NetHack 3.6.2-hdf (bleeding edge) is available for play on all Hardfought NetHack servers. Please see this Reddit post for details.
- 18th July 2018 - Slash'EM Extended release version v227 is available.
- 12th May 2018 - NetHack 3.6.1-hdf is released for public server use - see this Reddit post for details.
- 28th April 2018 - NetHack 3.6.1 is released
- Older news...
- Allow Orcish Town to be an Option! Please! Make it a conduct? Something?!
- Macro implementation (Windows 10, nh 3.6)
- Best ever pet polymorphs.
- 3.6.1 comments
- Yeenoghu escaped the dungeon! Is that normal? A bug?
- Where did my luckstone go?
- Changes to pet Polytrap behavior?
- Piously Aligned but god displeased when praying?
- Statue option?
- Will monsters loot sacks?
Hello, welcome to NetHackWiki!
The Wizard of Yendor (also informally known as Rodney) is the guardian of the Book of the Dead. He resides in his Tower in Gehennom. You must get the Book of the Dead from him before you can descend to Moloch's Sanctum and get the Amulet of Yendor from the high priest of Moloch.
In addition to the full complement of arcane monster spells, the Wizard has a unique spell, Double Trouble, which creates another incarnation of him, with all his powers. The clone can show up with a different appearance from his normal self; one of water demon, vampire, red dragon, troll, umber hulk, xorn, xan, cockatrice, floating eye, guardian naga or trapper.
The Wizard can and will follow you up to the Elemental Planes. However, he will not appear in the Astral Plane, though if he appears on the Plane of Water he can follow you through the portal to the Astral Plane.