- 18th April 2022 - EvilHack version 0.8.0 has been released. See this reddit post for details.
- 9th March 2022 - xNetHack version 7.0 is released. See this reddit post for details.
- 1st February 2022 - EvilHack version 0.7.1 has been officially released, please see this reddit post for details.
- 1st November 2021 - The November NetHack Tournament 2021 has begun.
- 1st June 2021 - Junethack 2021 has started
- 26th May 2021 - #nethack IRC channel moved to irc.libera.chat
- 28th April 2021 - EvilHack version 0.7.0 has been released, please see this reddit post for details.
- Older news...
- What role would serve quest nemeses?
- My calculation about the best weapon to choose
- Why does blinding bats work?
- German NetzHack now in v2.0, based on 3.6
- Why is spell retention a range?
- Immortal vampire bats. Who knew?
- Motivation for move to LUA?
- Guard on ghost level
- Terrain and msgtype do not work in the windows tiles version of 3.6.0
- Monsters and wands and potions and scrolls
Hello, welcome to NetHackWiki!
Conducts are various limitations players may set to themselves to make the game more challenging. The game keeps track of your conducts and shows them at the end of the game. You may also see them any time by using the extended command #conduct.
Conducts only apply to actions in game; a priest "should" believe in a god but does not automatically lose atheist conduct, and classes that begin the game with learned spells can play illiterate.