- 25th November 2023 - Wiki has moved to new host in a new containerized environment.
- 1st November 2023 - The November NetHack Tournament 2023 has started.
- 14th September 2023 - EvilHack version 0.8.3 has been released. See this reddit post for more information.
- 29th May 2023 - xNetHack version 8.0 has been released. Details on Reddit here.
- 1st May 2023 - EvilHack version 0.8.2 has been released. See this reddit post for details.
- 16th February 2023 - NetHack 3.6.7 is released
- Older news...
- Bilious down?
- Does the 'Beginner' mechanic add anything to the game?
- Sokobon diagonal movement "You cannot pass that way"
- NetHack Book
- Instant quit
- Why do nagas in NetHack have no hands?
- Timeout for The Eye of the Aethiopica?
- Is there a better word for "uncursed"?
- Lost bell of opening
- YANI: Falling down the stairs while wielding a rubber chicken should be survivable if...
Hello, welcome to NetHackWiki!
The Wizard of Yendor (also informally known as Rodney) is the guardian of the Book of the Dead. He resides in his Tower in Gehennom. You must get the Book of the Dead from him before you can descend to Moloch's Sanctum and get the Amulet of Yendor from the high priest of Moloch.
In addition to the full complement of arcane monster spells, the Wizard has a unique spell, Double Trouble, which creates another incarnation of him, with all his powers. The clone can show up with a different appearance from his normal self; one of water demon, vampire, red dragon, troll, umber hulk, xorn, xan, cockatrice, floating eye, guardian naga or trapper.
The Wizard can and will follow you up to the Elemental Planes. However, he will not appear in the Astral Plane, though if he appears on the Plane of Water he can follow you through the portal to the Astral Plane.