So I just cleared the castle with my Valkyrie and got the wand of wishing. However, I'm having trouble deciding what to wish for (aside from a magic marker). Currently I have an amulet of reflection and no source of magic resistance, so I was considering getting a GDSM; however, this would make me lose MC3 from my elven mithril-coat. The other options I've considered are:
- SDSM and cloak of magic resistance, replace "oR with "oLS (upside: have MC3 and life saving, downside: uses up two wishes)
- only cloak of magic resistance (upside: have MC3, use only 1 wish, downside: worse AC)
- GDSM and cloak of protection (upside: have MC3, better AC, downside: uses up two wishes)
Any advice on which would be the best option (or whether there are any that I've overlooked)? Am I overestimating the importance of MC3? I guess I shouldn't be so concerned with conserving wishes when I'll probably cark it before I have a chance to wish for anything else, but still. Erinne (talk) 15:16, 28 August 2012 (UTC)
- My personal recommendation would be to get the GDSM. I don't consider amulets of life saving to be that useful, and would prefer to use something like ESP. I normally get reflection from the shield for non-spellcasters, but that usually only works for me because I don't like to #twoweapon.
- MC is useful, but you shouldn't have 0 MC without your mithril. You should still have some cloak regardless; the mines are filled with dwarven and orcish cloaks (MC 2). However elves have a good chance of giving you an elven cloak (MC 3, AC 1, Stealth) which is even better. MC2 will still block 65% of special attacks, which is somewhat reasonable in Vanilla NetHack. I'd say there's also a reasonable chance of finding a non-elven MC3 cloak anyway, especially if you're willing to kill an aligned priest with a strong pet or something. -- Qazmlpok (talk) 16:21, 28 August 2012 (UTC)
- Wishing for 3 cursed scrolls of genocide (or a magic marker, if you already know how to write genocide) is also a good choice for making DSM; IMHO DSM makes a great early game wish but a fairly bad late game wish. If you can survive the castle, making your own is easy (and you even get 4 free dragons locked up to get scales from if you just want the AC and don't care too much about color.) Wooble (talk) 10:33, 29 August 2012 (UTC)