Forum:Some nasty Bugs happened in the Tourist locate level
My Tourist Mecki descended into the locate-level with his trusty Firebrand and his well armed pet orc-captain Lemmy. I went into the first shop, to use it as a trench when all the Soldiers swarmed into the hallways. After some fighting, I whistled Lemmy into the shop, and walked out of the door, to tidy up some junk, that blocks the door. When my hitpoints run low, I tried to displace Lemmy, to take a breath, but it failed several times with the message, "You stop, Lemmy is in the Way". I tried to whistle him away, but he was on the only free square next to me, beacause the outside was crowded with soldiers. I assumed he was paralysed, and aplyed a stethoscope to him. It said, his only ailment was scared. In despairation I zapped the camera at all soldiers, fought them back a few squares and zapped a wand of digging (last charge) downwards. It didn't work, it didn't dig, it didn't say "the Floor is to hard", it just didn't work. I finally prayed, despite the Gods beeing angry and got killed while helpless. Then "<Shopkeeper> comes, looks at your Corpse and shakes his head", despite me neither angering him nor dying inside the shop. What happened ? What was going on with my pet ? Why did the Wand of Digging do nothing ? Why was the Shopkeeper angry, and why didn't he take my stuff ?
The following things I can :
- I didn't die in the shop (and neither in the doorway)
- Where was no Message about the shopkeeper getting angry
- I wore an amulet of Reflection, and some ricochets hit Lemmy. Some may have destroyed the door, but I am not sure.
- Lemmy was just scared, not paralysed, not asleep and went not ferral.
Are this known Bugs, or do I just not get what happened ? --18.104.22.168 21:06, 25 April 2014 (UTC)
- Pets become scared when you attempt to displace them and fail. Locate levels are undiggable. Kufat (talk) 18:08, 28 April 2014 (UTC)
- Shopkeepers don't have to be angry to take your stuff upon death; just dying in their radius is enough. I've occasionally had them venture a couple squares out to take my stuff if my pet is in the doorway. Aitherion (talk) 00:26, 2 May 2014 (UTC)