Scroll of cloning
|Base price||300 zm|
|Ink to write||15–29|
|Monster use||Will not be used by monsters.|
When read, a scroll of cloning will prompt you to select an item in your inventory to clone. A new item will appear in your inventory: usually identical to the item you selected.
If the scroll is cursed, the cloned item will be cursed and have less charges or enchantment than the original.
Even if the scroll is not cursed, certain items will not be perfectly cloned:
|Bell of Opening||bell|
|Candelabrum of Invocation||wax candle|
|Amulet of Yendor||Cheap plastic imitation of the Amulet of Yendor|
|Book of the Dead||spellbook of blank paper|
|artifact||the artifact's base type|
|wand of wishing||cancelled wand of wishing|
|magic marker with over 15 charges||magic marker with 15 charges|
|stackable item||a single item|
Your clone might not be tame, even if the game lists it as tame.
- You have found a scroll of cloning!
- You read the scroll of cloning.
- You clone yourself!
- You read the scroll of cloning while confused. This does not guarantee the cloning succeeded.
- You realize that you have been a clone all along!
- As above, while hallucinating.