Odds of sliming when polymorphed
I finally managed to slime one of the riders. I burned through 5 amulets of life saving to do this. Even when I hit Pestilence he did not get slimed on the first couple hits. Does anyone know the odds of sliming a monster when you are polymorphed into a green slime? Everything else I hit turned into slime on the first touch. The only thing on the Astral Plane was priests and other human monsters though since made everything else either extinct or genocided.Ndwolfwood 03:49, 9 January 2011 (UTC)
- Source code shows that it's a simple 1 in 4 chance of working. Ref: uhitm.c, line 1610. Same chance in monster-monster combat. -- Qazmlpok 14:38, 9 January 2011 (UTC)
What indicates successful attack?
The odds of sliming is 1d4. Does that mean there's a 25% chance of a delayed instadeath if you read "The green slime touches you!"? Or is it a 1 in 4 chance after that? --Davek (talk) 17:44, 11 July 2014 (UTC)
- Answering my own question: a successful slime attach will show
Slimein the status line. Thank you wizard mode:
Dlvl:1 $:43 HP:4(12) Pw:3(7) AC:9 Exp:1 T:275 Slime
darn thats an early slime--18.104.22.168 10:51, 19 July 2015 (UTC)
Green slime is now a portable object
In the new NH 3.6 you can pick up the slime left by a green slime that dies. Anyone know what it's good for? 22.214.171.124 15:56, 24 December 2015 (UTC)
- I'd recommend not eating it. It tells you the following--
- "You have a very bad case of stomach acid. This small glob of green slime tastes terrible! You don't feel very well. You are turning a little green. Your limbs are getting oozy. You stop eating the small glob of green slime."
- And at that point, your status bar informs you, "Slime." Delbow (talk) 07:06, 26 December 2015 (UTC)