Talk:Helm of opposite alignment
So, are lawfuls-turned-chaotic not penalized for murder? Aeronflux 00:12, 1 March 2009 (UTC)
- Behavior is always rewarded or penalized based on your current alignment. As long as you're Chaotic at the moment you commit murder, you aren't punished. --Auraseer 03:57, 1 March 2009 (UTC)
- steal as a chaotic and repay as a lawful to gain alignment record. Relevant to atheist pacifist.
- dip Excalibur for pets
- sanctuary in an originally cross-aligned temple. Though it's not so clear why that is good.
- dig up graves as a born non-lawful. Relevant to atheist pacifists, who have a hard time raising alignment.
- the mines are easier for lawul non-pacifists because so many monsters are peaceful. But for pacifists, pets will still deplete their HP on peacefuls.
Helm alignment for neutral characters
do_wear.c function Helmet_on(): uchangealign((u.ualign.type != A_NEUTRAL) ? -u.ualign.type : (uarmh->o_id % 2) ? A_CHAOTIC : A_LAWFUL, 1);
"o_id" is the internal ID number of the item, and if I'm not mistaken a newly generated item will always have an ID number that is 1 higher than the last one generated, so by quickly wishing for two helms in succession a neutral character will be almost guaranteed to have both a "lawful" and a "chaotic" helmet. --Bluescreenofdeath (talk) 13:49, 25 January 2016 (UTC)