Would it be possible for someone to put together a chart showing just how much damage this attack inflicts over the various skill levels, similar to what is shown on the Excalibur page? Much thanks in advance to anyone capable and willing!
- Here's what I see:
- start with d4, that averages 2.5. add the skill bonus, which is a 75% of +7 at M, and a 75% of +9 at GM. That yields a total of 7.75 or 9.25. Blessed gloves, or bare-handed blessed ring will give you d4 against undead, but that's true of Excalibur, too. Bare-handed silver ring will give you d20 against silver haters, unlike Excalibur.
- The real problem I see with simple comparisons is that I don't think the strength bonus applies to martial arts. GoP convey a +6 damage bonus when using a wielded weapon, and I don't think that applies for bare_handed.
- In the end, I see martial GM yielding 9.25 damage, while GoP and a Basic +7 Excalibur averaging 23 damage against small, and 25 damage against large.
- Anyone care to check my math? Derekt75 00:58, 9 March 2012 (UTC)
- Oh, and here's my martial arts table:
Skill Level Ave Dam Unskilled 3.25 Basic 4.75 Skilled 5.5 Expert 7 Master 7.75 Grand Master 9.25
- Derekt75 01:03, 9 March 2012 (UTC)
Wizard mode testing proves that strength is added in. That makes grand master noticeably better than unskilled +0 Excalibur. Basic +7 Excalibur is much better than martial arts, though. Derekt75 03:05, 14 April 2012 (UTC)