I just got killed by a bones file mummy. Are they tougher than a randomly generated mummy in any way? Interestingly, bones are not mentioned at all here.
Can mummies wield weapons and utilise items? They never seem to; though as humanoids you think that they would.
- Mummies are not intelligent and will not wear or wield any equipment. The exception is a bones file mummy: The original player was likely wearing body armor at the time of death, and from my experience the mummy will be wearing the same armor, but not the weapon that the player had. -- Qazmlpok 13:31, October 28, 2010 (UTC)
- body text: elf mummies leave a corpse that can be tinned and eaten
- boxed text: never leaves a corpse
- which is it? in my experience (which is deeply flawed) every kind of mummy leaves a corpse... --Newskinsucks 11:29, October 28, 2010 (UTC)
- Some monsters marked as "never leaves a corpse" in monst.c get a replacement corpse in the corpse-leaving code. Technically, there is no elf mummy corpse, only an elf corpse. This is confusing for wiki readers and the infobox should be changed. Tjr 13:20, October 28, 2010 (UTC)