Can someone list the appearence of unidentified scrolls, and maybe where the word/phrease comes from?--Xercess 18:47, 12 December 2006 (UTC)
This already exists. Added a link to it. --Someone Else 19:16, 12 December 2006 (UTC)
What scroll doesn't leave a message?22.214.171.124 13:34, September 19, 2009 (UTC)
- Create monster, teleport, and taming have no message. Probably light as well if you read it blind. If you do not witness the effect of the first 2, they will not identify but you will be asked to name them. If you read a scroll and it had no apparent effect or message, it was probably taming. Teleport will not identify if you teleport within 1 square of your current position (IIRC, it asks you to name the scroll THEN moves you, so even though it's obvious it was teleport it doesn't let you name it properly), and create monster will not identify if you do not see any monsters created. Qazmlpok 13:54, September 19, 2009 (UTC)
While I understand that the Ink column represents an actual figure from the source code, I'm not sure that it's intuitive to the reader why we use that value in the wiki. If we subtracted 1 from all of the ink values, we'd adjust the possible costs thusly:
inclusive lower bound: (oldInk/2) -> ((newInk + 1)/2)
inclusive upper bound: (oldInk-1) -> (newInk)
I think that this would be better because:
- The column listed actually represents one of the values
- The off-by-one would be moved from the rather important upper bound to the generally-less-important lower bound
- In my experience, I've found that non-coders are often uncomfortable with the up-to-but-not-including-a-sentinal-value logic in which the listed Ink values are used.
Anyone have an opinion about this?
- Fine with me. If you change it, please change all pages (magic marker, ...) and leave a (foot)note the source and external spoilers are off by one. -Tjr 07:51, October 7, 2009 (UTC)
Do you have to include "scroll of" when writing scrolls or just the name?
- Both work. -- Qazmlpok 21:45, September 5, 2010 (UTC)
blank scroll is not the cheapest scroll... O_o
identify and light are actually cheaper then blank scroll... B[ Any one knows why???--126.96.36.199 03:10, 4 October 2014 (UTC)