Talk:Sokoban Level 2a
This solution was written as I played. I think it is correct, but i could have made typo's. Can someone check this solution? --BlackShift 10:40, 28 August 2006 (UTC)
- Well... it's not working for me. The third section seems to have several things wrong with it - note on I how it says to go left and then immediately right? That can't be correct. --126.96.36.199 19:26, 13 February 2007 (UTC)
- It is correct. You have to push the boulder to the left so you can get around it to push it to the right. You can solve it without doing that, though, so do whatever works for you. --MadDawg2552 22:51, 13 February 2007 (UTC)
P boulder in third section can be done in an little simplier way (rdrr uurd rrrr rrr) - that is without moving it first left and then right. Same holds for boulder I: rdrr rrrr rr* - that is - just push it to right instead of going first left and then right with it. (can someone check - just to be completely sure?)
For a slightly faster solution leave A and D up, and push C left 2. Then you can use the smaller/shorter loop to finish most of the boulders rather than having to go all the way around the outside loop multiple times. Skidragon 12:54, 1 July 2009 (UTC)
Could somebody please turn my ttyrecs into a video widget users can click on to make it start playing, similar to embedded youtube clips? I don't know how. --Tjr 10:53, 7 June 2011 (UTC)
I've replaced the solution for 2a with an improved version of it which doesn't take as long to carry out (I make it 585 turns as opposed to 755, asssuming no monsters disturb you). I've formatted it a bit differently as it was hard to follow on my phone. It still looks odd as I've done it, with the screenshots (in ttymap divs) much smaller than the rest of the text, and generally looking a lot worse than Nethack typically does.
If there's a better way to format these not-really-a-screenshot things, or if there's an improvement I could make to the solution, I'd love to hear about it. Hoanwan (talk) 21:50, 10 August 2018 (UTC)
- Your solution is indeed faster, but it breaks the guarantee "The following solution solves the level without putting any boulders in an immobile position." since this solution requires the player to place the remaining boulders in an immovable position to get to the top right corner (for whatever reason). So maybe a (slightly slower) solution where the aforementioned statement holds true can be derived from the solution you found? Winny (talk) 18:39, 21 August 2018 (UTC)
- If you take a look at each of the other levels' solutions, you'll notice all the boulders left over are freely movable - whereas in the new solution for 2a we can reason A, C, and F are not freely movable because we cannot move them out of the corner - only further towards the NE corner. - Winny (talk)
- Thanks for explaining. To me, "immobile" means "cannot be moved from its current position", whereas you want to be able to move everything to the corridor where the holes were. That's no problem - if you want to do that you can always move C down and F left (as I mention at the bottom) before you move A.
- To me, though, the advantage of not having an immobile boulder is that a monster can't throw something I want to somewhere where I can't get at it, such as under a boulder. That's not really a risk here. Hoanwan (talk) 14:30, 25 August 2018 (UTC)