User:Tungtn/Suggestion: Set up NetHack git push announcements to nethack-dev via GitHub
February 19, 2016
Subject: Suggestion: Set up NetHack git push annoucements to #nethack-dev via GitHub
To: Devteam <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Hello NetHack DevTeam!
May I suggest setting a bot to announce NetHack git repo pushes to the #nethack-dev IRC channel on freenode.net, now that it's on GitHub?
It's really easy to set up and would give people there something to talk about.
How to set it up:
- Visit https://github.com/NetHack/NetHack
- Click on 'Settings'.
- Click on 'Webhooks & Services'.
- Click the 'Add Service' and type in/select 'IRC'.
- Go through the login/password prompt to continue.
- Put in the following details:
Server: chat.freenode.net Room: #nethack-dev Branches: NetHack-3.6.0 Active: Checked
Everything else is optional.
7. Click 'Update service'.
If you do this, GitHub will automatically announce pushes and commits to the #nethack-dev IRC channel.