/dev/null/nethack Tribute Tournament is a NetHack tournament that takes place in November 2017. It is being organized as a one time replacement for the /dev/null/nethack tournament that was retired by it's organizer Krystal in mid-September 2017. It is intended as one last /dev/null/nethack that concludes the long tradition of the tournament before it is replaced by a different tournament running in the same time slot.
What Remains The Same
- timeframe is the same, the tournament runs from November 1st, 00:00 PDT (07:00 UTC) to December 1st, 00:00 PDT (08:00 UTC)
- in-game challenges
- clans and the associated Best in Show trophy
- multiple servers are available
- bot announcements are available on relevant FreeNode IRC network channels (#devnull_nethack and #hardfought.org), the bot is different though
What Has Changed
- the tournament runs on NetHack 3.6.0 with additional patches
- dgamelaunch is used as game management front end allowing for spectating and ttyrec recording
- the scoreboard was rewritten from scratch
- game dumps are available (from the scoreboard)
|server name||location||how to connect|
|hardfought.org||US East||ssh firstname.lastname@example.org|
|eu.hardfought.org||Europe (UK)||ssh email@example.com|
|e6.alt.org||US West||ssh firstname.lastname@example.org|
The first server (hardfought.org) is the master server where players must register their accounts. The other two remote servers sync the accounts from the main server (once per minute), therefore they don't allow registrations themselves. Configuration files (rcfiles) are not synced, however you can pull your rcfile from the main server to the remotes via the menu in the dgamelaunch menu on each remote server. There is a web-based rcfile editor here - https://www.hardfought.org/nethack/rcedit/rcedit-dn36 - it's recommended to use this initially to create your config, then pull your config file over to the other servers should you choose to play on them. State of challenges are synced across all servers.
The organizers of the tournament are best reached on #hardfought.org or #devnull_nethack channels on the Freenode IRC network.