GnollHack is a variant of NetHack 3.6.2 developed by Sound Mind Games, a Finnish nonprofit organization. It adds numerous monsters and items, changes spellcasting, and adds Gnolls as a playable race (replacing Gnomes).
GnollHack can be played on the following servers:
- US: ssh firstname.lastname@example.org
- EU: ssh email@example.com
- AU: ssh firstname.lastname@example.org
GnollHack adds the following new objects:
- bag of wizardry: Reduces the weight of spellbooks, scrolls, reagents, and wands to 1/8
Note that the EXP gain was also changed, as described in their wiki linked below.
Level: Total exp
- You can get information about items by using #examine, or Alt+x. If the item is formally identified, it will describe its effect.
- Note that the cost for temple protection ("major contribution") changed: instead of 400*XL, it's now 2500 + 150*XL.
- Mummy rot is a fatal illness. The message when you're afflicted is "You feel severely ill." (so that's what you want to configure MSGTYPE for).
- There are no ability exercise or abuse. If you want higher attributes than you started with, you'll have to alchemize gain ability yourself. For Int/Wis, you can also use blessed enlightenment, which can be made from fountains of power.