NetHack 3.6.2 is available from the official NetHack website, and continuing the practice from 3.6.1, the Git repository of the source code is available to browse on GitHub. From this repository, anyone can download and build a copy of 3.6.2.
NetHack 3.6.2 official public release can be played online at NAO, with the option to copy over your rc config file from 3.6.1 to 3.6.2. The Hardfought build (363-hdf) is keeping with tradition, running the latest bleeding-edge development code released by the DevTeam - 3.6.3-1 'Work-in-progress' (last build Mon Aug 5 16:47:47 2019 UTC - git commit 2a85046).
- Orcish characters can no longer start with lembas or cram rations as their random food items.
- Vault guards now carry cursed tin whistles, so that the "shrill whistling sound" an escaping player hears has a source.
- Eating spinach while having sustain ability no longer makes you feel like Popeye.
- Gold created with a grave is now buried under the grave instead of left on top of it.
- Several tweaks to status hilites, including full support of <= and >= operators. < and > now mean "strictly less than" and "strictly greater than", which they did not previously.
- Curses window-port added for Windows, Mac and UNIX.
- The healing spell now cures blindness both in monsters and yourself, but only at Skilled or Expert.
- Teleport at will now has the same requirements as the teleport away spell.
- Added the m , ctrl + T wizard mode command, which tests various forms of teleportation.
- Drawbridges in the Valkyrie quest can sometimes be generated raised.
- Game no longer complains about the config file not ending in a newline, and will actually parse the last line.
- Spells of healing and extra healing correctly heal untimed monster blindness.
- Stone-to-fleshing petrified statues no longer fails if the square is occupied.
- Verbal messages for charming and seduction no longer print while the character is deaf.
- The #turn command, if it aggravated monsters, no longer takes zero turns.
- A number of fixes to address lag and performance problems in the Windows tty port.
- Looking at a remembered corpse that has since rotted away no longer shows a random corpse.
- Several minor fixes to shop damage repair.
- Groups of monsters generated at treasure zoos correctly start asleep now.
- Monsters no longer avoid the vibrating square.
- Player monsters are not given stacks of athames or scalpels anymore.
- Digesting chargeable rings is no longer affected by wearing rings of the same type.