Japanese words used in the Samurai quest
This is a list of Japanese words used in the Samurai quest, and translations thereof.
- Bushido: warrior code
- Cha-no-you: tea ceremony
- Daimyo: lord
- Donjon: keep
- Hara-kiri: ritual suicide by impaling oneself on one's sword
- Ikaga desu ka?: how are you doing?
- Kami: god, spirit
- Kyokaku: city rebel
- Matsu: to wait
- Ronin: masterless samurai
- Ryoshu: a leader of a large territory
- Sake: rice wine
- -sama: honorific, more respectful than "san", gender-neutral
- -san: honorific, used between equals, gender-neutral