Robin or FooRobin is a generic name for several shared accounts on the nethack.alt.org server. These accounts have a known password (usually "robin"), allowing anyone to play them. General rules for the Robin accounts include:
- Play for 2000 turns, then let someone else have a go.
- Please respect the games and try not to ruin them for everyone involved.
- Don't change the config file or the password. If you must change the options, do it in-game.
- Try to leave notes about important things for the next player, e.g. by #naming an item.
For beginner players. Everyone can join!
The intermediate version of RoundRobin. Doesn't seem to have been played much.
The advanced version of RoundRobin. Doesn't seem to have been played much.
For pacifist players, as you might expect. Don't break the conduct.
The goal of DeathRobin is to get as many unique deaths as possible. This is the only Robin account you're encouraged to kill off (but don't #quit or escape). If you leave a game for someone else to continue, please #name an object or something to tell what death you were aiming for.
- The password is 'narwhals'.
- Feel free to change the options.
- #Name individual items to give other players important information (e.g. number of zaps on a wand, what resistances have been acquired, which level minetown, sokoban, etc. are on, where stashes of items are, etc.).
An obvious pun inspired by the FooRobin accounts and the cowardly character from Monty Python and the Holy Grail, the goal of BraveSirRobin is to ascend pacifist with a knight. The password is 'robin'. Run away!
These are all accounts on the nethack.xd.cm server. They are intended for playing Slash'EM extended or SLASHTHEM, because in Slash'EM extended/SLASHTHEM, having those usernames changes gameplay. For more information, see Slash'EM extended and SLASHTHEM's main page. The passwords are all the same as the usernames.
Original RGRN threads: