Talk:Minion of Huhetotl
I'd really like to see some strategy from the experts on fighting this guy. I had a pretty beefy character killed by him when he cursed my character's cloak of protection (among other things) and used magic-missiles and PSI Bolts to kill him. Do I need magic resistance before taking him on?
First, it's a demon so silver saber (lawfuls may get Grayswandir somewhat easily) does very nice damage to it. Magic resistance is nice, but it respects Elbereth, so wand of fire is nice to have. It doesn't curse or do anything nasty when you are standing on the E square.
- A good way I found was burn E on <. Put on my ring of teleport control, sneak up to his room, kick the door so he wakes up, teleport back to the < using a scroll or a wand (don't remember which one). Then, it's very easy fighting him from there. Oh, and I was using a mattock.
- --Gneek 23:03, 27 April 2008 (UTC)
Is the Minion stoning resistant?...
I have been trying the Arc quest over and over and over and I have yet to kill the minion, so I decided to be cheap and use my Doppelganger powers to turn into a Cockatrice and kill it that way, would it work?... --Maha Bufu 04:32, 31 March 2009 (UTC)
- All quest nemeses are immune to petrification, at least in vanilla. -- Killian 11:13, 31 March 2009 (UTC)
- I doubt they would change that in SLASH so I will have to grind.
the article says the Minion does not wield a weapon. When I fought him he came with a mace.Ndwolfwood 17:45, 16 December 2010 (UTC)
- He does have two weapon attacks and can accordingly be generated with weapons, see Monst.c#line3193. Somebody needs to fix the infobox. --Tjr 17:50, 16 December 2010 (UTC)
I have fought this guy twice. The first time over, I noticed (too late) that pieces of armor were missing from my gear and he killed me. At the time I thought that they must have been stolen by some nymph without me noticing. But it happened again the second time! Can anybody confirm that he destroys armor on hit? --Estragon 08:28, 3 May 2012 (UTC)
- He's a spell caster of sufficiently high level, so I imagine he's just casting Destroy_armor_(monster_spell). Strange that this isn't mentioned on the page, so I might be mistaken. But if not, magic resistance is what you need to prevent this. -- Qazmlpok 11:46, 3 May 2012 (UTC)
- This pretty much explains it. Thanks. --Estragon 08:46, 4 May 2012 (UTC)