Talk:Potion of sickness
Jump to navigation Jump to search
someone should write on what happens when you toss a potion at a monster
"However, the poison wears off 1/10 of the time."
This could mean:
- 10% of the applications fail. If so, would a reapplication also fail with a different potion of sickness?
- When using the weapon, there is a 10% chance it will lose the poison quality, before hitting.
- When using the weapon, there is a 10% chance it will lose the poison quality, after hitting.
- Each weapon has a 10% chance of losing the poison quality with every turn.
Which is it? --Havvy 10:22, 5 March 2011 (UTC)
- When the weapon hits, there is a 10% chance that the weapon will no longer be poisoned. Application always succeeds. More specifically, there is a 1 in (10 - (object weight / 10)) chance that the weapon will become unpoisoned, with weight/10 always rounding down (e.g. 9/10 = 0, 11/10 = 1), and the worst chance being 50%. Ref: uhitm.c, line 911. However this only matters in SLASH'EM, as in vanilla you can't poison anything weighing 10 units or more. -- Qazmlpok 14:42, 5 March 2011 (UTC)