Talk:Ring of sustain ability
Prevention from gaining intrinsics?
I ate a ton of appropriate corpses looking to gain intrinsics and didn't seem to get any. Does this ring also prevent you getting them? -- Kalon 23:32, 27 March 2008 (UTC)
- No. -Tjr 15:47, December 17, 2009 (UTC)
Best I can tell, sustain ability doesn't let you keep your polymorphed stats if you put it on while you're morphed into a monster. Pity. 126.96.36.199 04:48, December 17, 2009 (UTC)
- True. -Tjr 15:47, December 17, 2009 (UTC)
Using this ring to maximize Strength
If you have a ring of sustain ability and a large number of low-nutrition food items (such as meatballs), you can boost your Strength to your racial maximum by doing the following:
First, get your nutrition status to "Hungry". Then,
1) Put on the ring of sustain ability.
2) Wait until your hunger status changes to Weak. Normally this reduces Strength by one, but because of the ring, your Strength is unchanged.
3) Remove the ring of sustain ability.
4) Eat a meatball (or enough meatballs to go from Weak to Hungry). Going from Weak to Hungry increases your strength by one.
5) Repeat steps 1 through 4 until your strength reaches its racial maximum.
I checked in Wizard mode, and it seems to work. It is tedious, and it doesn't seem really practical in a real game, unless you're a Healer (who can use Stone to Flesh to make lots of meatballs, and can really use the extra strength).
Is this well known? Is it a bug, or "cheating", or "farming"? Or is it the intended behavior? Should it be in the article?
--Erica 04:26, 19 August 2011 (UTC)
- Congrats, you found a way to make this ring useful. I believe it is a bug that can sometimes be farmed and should be mentioned in the article. --Tjr 06:55, 19 August 2011 (UTC)