Chupoclops the Hope-trapper
“The Eldar knew not whence she came; but some have said that in ages long before she descended from the darkness that lies about Arda, when Melkor first looked down in envy upon the Kingdom of Manwë, and that in the beginning she was one of those that he corrupted to his service. But she had disowned her Master, desiring to be mistress of her own lust, taking all things to herself to feed her emptiness”
[ The Silmarillion, Of the Darkening of Valinor ]
“Of the fate of Ungoliant no tale tells. Yet some have said that she ended long ago, when in her uttermost famine she devoured herself at last.”
[ The Silmarillion, Of the Flight of the Noldor ]
Chupoclops requires that her seal be drawn around a corpse of your race, or a grave.
You must not engrave wards.
You grow a pair of chelicerae in your mouth.
The chelicerae can't be seen from a distance
Wear a mask to hide your mouth.
You are immune to sleep.
Chupoclops grants skill in knives.
- Throw Webbing: Throw a ball of webbing in a chosen direction.
- Poisonous Bite: You gain a poisonous bite as an extra attack.
- Grave Eater: You can eat tainted corpses safely.
- Aura of Despair: Monsters move somewhat slower near you.
- Ethereal Strike: You ignore equipped armor and can always hit intangible foes.