Hi, Wikid! Welcome, and thanks for joining NetHackWiki!
- The How to help and Style guide pages are excellent starting points.
- Special:Recentchanges is a great first stop, because you can see what other people are editing right this minute, and where you can help.
- Questions? Need help? You can ask at the Community Portal, the forum, or on the discussion page associated with each article! Just remember to sign those posts with four tildes: ~~~~. That will expand to create a signature.
We are really happy to have you here, and look forward to working with you!
This is an automated greeting.
Not a problem! Keep on hackin' 22.214.171.124 00:48, 28 October 2015 (UTC)
Hallu monsters draft
Alright so I went through your list of various hallucinatory monsters and made them "real" - they're not actually in SLEX yet, but will be shortly. I took the liberty to make some changes and additions where I saw fit ;) Here: https://pastebin.com/raw/yggGqX97 - maybe a few things will be noteworthy. One is that they can all be generated randomly, because in SLEX monsters can generally be generated randomly with very few exceptions; another is that I made some rather high-level monsters because SLEX's Gehennom is deep enough to make them possible to generate randomly. Some dnethack-specific stuff had to be "slexified". Also note my use of SLEX-specific stuff like AD_RAGN, MS_STENCH or the various M3_FREQ_UNCOMMON flags. I'm very happy to have these new monsters, and I hope that you find the time to make more ♥ --Bluescreenofdeath (talk) 08:19, 5 August 2019 (UTC)
- Wa-hey! I'll have to delve deeper into SLEX dungeons, I've got to go down there and find my babies. Maybe I have to tame them and bring them back to the surface! The changes are all good. To say otherwise would be to quibble. Bright cyan unicorn shows up much better on my screen than blue, even though source canon is blue. There must be a Rainbow Unicorn somewhere, surely? :-) I love it that benzo-a-pyrene has found its way in, to be a cousin to PAH. Nice to see the arctic member of the new Sunset monster class. Awesome in general to see these beings spawning their own little families. Das Ding hahahaha ya got me! Ich habe aber einen Fuss in Deutschland (NRW). I just loved those Das Ding film posters in German. Oh wow I didn't know about the 509 Composite Group, you can learn so much from this game. Thanks again for this, hopefully I can contribute more, could be hard to keep up with this firehose creativity though! Wikid (talk) 09:22, 5 August 2019 (UTC)
- Yeah you should probably play SLEX *bundlebundlebundle* ♥ It can be played on the em.slashem.me and hardfought.org servers. Currently the server version is 2.50 even though I'm already working on 2.54, but eventually I'll have something ready for release and then the servers will be updated hopefully! SLEX already has a monster named "rainbow unicorn", so your proposed one is now a green unicorn instead. Also if you look at its monster list (monst.c at https://raw.githubusercontent.com/SLASHEM-Extended/SLASHEM-Extended/master/src/monst.c - beware, it's 13 MB in size by now), the monsters flagged M5_JOKE are especially "funny" and may give you some inspirations :) Ja, ich bin auch in Deutschland, aber in einem anderen Bundesland :D --Bluescreenofdeath (talk) 09:58, 5 August 2019 (UTC)
- Alright you can now admire your creations in slexified glory: https://github.com/SLASHEM-Extended/SLASHEM-Extended/commit/6ccf9f4ae17 and https://github.com/SLASHEM-Extended/SLASHEM-Extended/commit/4379ccdfc :) Good night, I need to get some sleep after all that coding now! --Bluescreenofdeath (talk) 21:08, 5 August 2019 (UTC)
- That is a massive task, to maintain probably the largest roguelike in the World. It's a wonder you get any sleep at all. Just thinking of 56 monsters took me all weekend! Well, now I'll have to venture down there and see if I can pacify and rescue my babies … bravo! Wikid (talk) 02:33, 6 August 2019 (UTC)