|Appearance||highly-complicated electronic device|
|Base price||500 zm|
|Monster use||Will not be used by monsters.|
The god-o-meter is a tool in NetHack: The Next Generation, which also appears in SlashTHEM, which gives you hints about your prayer timeout. When unidentified, it appears as a highly-complicated electronic device.
When applied successfully, the god-o-meter will emit a black flash if your prayer timeout is nonzero (that is, it's not safe to pray), and an amber flash if it is zero (it is safe to pray). In wizard mode, there is a 10% chance that the device will also display the number of turns in your prayer timeout.
However, the device will only work if blessed. Otherwise, it will increase your prayer timeout by 0-99 turns if uncursed, or 0-199 if cursed.
Every time you use a god-o-meter, there is a 5% chance that it will explode, increasing your prayer timeout by 0-19 turns. This is not affected by BUC status.
- Being blind, you cannot see it.
- You were blind, and the device did nothing.
- You feel uncomfortable.
- The device was not blessed, and your prayer timeout was increased.
- You see a black flash from the device.
- It is not safe to pray.
- You see an amber flash from the device.
- It is safe to pray.
- Your prayer timeout is <n>.
- You were playing in wizard mode.