|^ ice trap File:Ice trap.png
||Sheol, trap rooms
||Deals cold damage, freezes inventory
The ice trap is a type of trap that appears in UnNetHack.
Ice traps are usually found in Sheol, and rarely also appear in trap rooms.
When you or a monster trigger an ice trap, it shoots a freezing cloud that does 4d4 damage unless the victim have cold resistance. The trap can also destroy potions in open inventory.
- A freezing cloud shoots from <surface>!
- You activated an ice trap.
- You are uninjured.
- The trap did 0 damage, probably due to you having cold resistance.
- A freezing cloud shoots from the <surface> under <monster>!
- A monster activated an ice trap.
- You see a freezing cloud shoot from the <surface>!
- As above, but you could not see the monster.
- <monster is uninjured.
- The monster had cold resistance and suffered no damage.