The repository is available at https://github.com/NullCGT/SpliceHack-Rewrite.
- No more techniques, they were too buggy. Role-specific skills will be implemented to fulfill a similar conceptual niche.
- Boring and uneventful things, such as cooking, moonstones, and many monsters, are also gone.
- For further details, see the README and the spl-changelog.
- YANIs can be posted to etherpad, with no guarantees or warranties implied.
- Many SpliceHack wiki pages may need to be replaced, overhauled, or deleted when the Rewrite is ready. Again, referring to the changelog and readme are your best sources, or of course diving the details of the commits on Github.
The following table details the largest general differences between SpliceHack-Rewrite and Vanila NetHack. Reading them is heavily encouraged for new players. Details are kept intentionally vague on this page, in order to avoid spoilers.
|Category||Rules Changes||Gameplay Outcomes|
||Testing weapons you find on the ground is much less risky, encouraging experimentation, but curses on weapons in the late game are much more dangerous and impactful.|
||Converting altars is much more risky.|
||The endgame is longer, and more scrolls of gold detection may be necessary.|
||Starving to death in the early game is less likely, but time pressure later in the game is more intense. Additionally, exploring a branch may cost the player precious time.|
||Positioning in combat is critical.|