You may applaud
Shadyjames 22:26, 9 August 2009 (UTC)
- Well-done writeup. (I cannot verify the facts, so I'm not saying more.) Tjr 22:33, 9 August 2009 (UTC)
- Speaking of not being able to verify facts, I just woke up a treasure zoo while wearing the cloak of displacement and didn't find any instances of monsters attacking each other: so this feature may not actually exist. Will look into it and edit accordingly. Shadyjames 08:47, 10 August 2009 (UTC)
- In a leprechaun hall, I had the following occur:
You miss the leprechaun. The leprechaun picks up some gold. The leprechaun hits the leprechaun. The leprechaun steals some gold from the leprechaun. The leprechaun suddenly disappears! The leprechaun picks up some gold.
- This was while wearing a cloak of displacement, but no conflict or anything else I could think of that might have caused it. So maybe it was the displacement that caused one to accidentally attack the other, then 2nd one gets angry with first and steals its gold and tele's away? It's in a TTYREC , round about turn 1965 - 1970. 184.108.40.206 23:10, January 13, 2010 (UTC)
Very interesting. I wonder why its so rare. I might look into it again if i get the time for some source diving, but during my trip into the source i found that it was simply a matter of if they attack the square they believe the player is in, and the player is not there, call wildmiss() which would then output "<monster> <swings> wildly at <thin air/your displaced image> and misses!" 220.127.116.11 03:24, February 8, 2010 (UTC)
Displacing your pet?
Does displacing your pet low it's loyalty? I have it on a leash but I keep displacing it.
- No it doesn't, as long as you don't displace it into a trap which hurts it. However, if it dies because of how you displaced it (into a trap, water or lava), then let's just say the gods won't be very happy... -Ion frigate 20:11, March 7, 2010 (UTC)
Effect on Elbereth?
Playing on NAO with this cloak on Gnomish mines. Gnomes 2 squares away to me start to fleeing. The cloak displays me and what I am on (Elbereth in this case)?