How about listing the value/score for the invocation artifacts too?
- BTW, they are not artifacts. --Tjr
I don't think the "showscore" option works. I can't get it to work. --MadDawg2552 02:17, 18 February 2007 (UTC)
You need to have compiled nethack with SCORE_ON_BOTL, too. Renx 14:33, 3 June 2008 (UTC)
Minscore and wands
"Note that the wand of speed monster does not give points on formal identification, unlike other wands" - could I get a source-diver to grab me a reference for this please, and also report it to the dev team if it looks like a bug! Thanks Spontiff 08:49, 26 August 2011 (UTC)
- As I read the code, regarding the score "bonus" for formal discovery:
- zapping a directional(!) wand at yourself . Source:Ref/zapyourself never gives the bonus. Note attack wands do twice as much damage as your own bounces.
- zapping your steed always does, unless no effect
- zapping an IMMEDIATE-type directional wand while engulfed never does, but formally IDs striking, polymorph, make invisible, probing.
- make invisible should get identified if you can already see the monster with see invisible, monster detection, or intrinsic blind telepathy.
- zapping an IMMEDIATE-type directional wand up or down does give the score if appropriate
- zapping an IMMEDIATE-type directional wand in other directions never gives score
- zapping a RAY-type directional wand in any direction except self gives the score points.
- zapping or engraving with a nondirectional wand always gives the score if you see the effects, which is always the case if enlightenment or wishing. Handled by Source:Ref/zapnodir instead of Source:Ref/weffects
- engraving with a directional wand formally IDs digging, fire, lightning. It grants score for these even if aborting at the prompt.
- applying a wand does nothing if uncharged, cancelled, you're lackign the strenght etc.
- otherwise, applying identifies wands of death, fire, lightning, cold, magic missile, but never grants score for any type of wand.
- Monsters will use some wands, identifying them for you without score. Forum:Monster_usable_items
- All this needs to be wizmode-tested. --Tjr 11:44, 26 August 2011 (UTC)
- Are IMMEDIATE-type wands all those that are listed as 'beam' type on the wand page? Spontiff 10:07, 31 August 2011 (UTC)
- Yes. I forgot the wiki calls it beam. Now that I know both, I tend to like immediate better because it explains the lack of any animation. --Tjr 12:14, 31 August 2011 (UTC)
Values in Tables
Some of the artifacts have had their price changed since the tables were made, notably Sting (2000 -> 800). Could these lists be auto-generated by the items' info pages somehow? AileTheAlien 04:01, 16 January 2011 (UTC)
- No, that's correct - the artifact's score value is 2.5 times its monetary value. The table gives the score value; I guess that could be made clearer, though. The monetary value itself is actually almost never relevant, given the way shopkeepers buy and sell artifacts (some absurd factor both ways, so it's never worth it to do either - just steal it if you want it). -Ion frigate 20:56, 26 August 2011 (UTC)
- By the way, does enchanting artifact weapons increase their score value? --22.214.171.124 11:14, 17 October 2013 (UTC)