Request; monster teleport page... which can appear under See also here.
Which monsters can teleport? Which have teleport control? Forum:Too darned smart had me wanting to check if the Titan could teleport, although I'm pretty sure they can't.--PeterGFin 15:50, 28 July 2011 (UTC)
To start this thing:
- Instrinically, only nymphs, leprechaun, and tengu can teleport.
- Only tengu have teleport control, which really means that around half their teleports move them adjacent to you (regardless of Elbereth), the rest are totally random.
- Other monsters can zap wands, read scrolls, or jump into teleport or levelport traps, provided they aren't mindless, aren't animals, and are in defensive mode. The latter is triggered by having low hit points.
- A quantum mechanic can teleport other monsters if conflicted, confused, or tamed. That even works on non-teleport levels, though the player cannot be teleported.
- Individual monsters learn about non-teleport levels after one try, which is equivalent to learning about the teleport trap type.
- Monster teleport and levelport are always random, and obey the same laws as uncontrolled player teleport. (Except tengu, covetous, and Rodney as stated.) The levelport rules are worked out on level teleportation.
- Covetous monsters are different, they keep warping between you and the upstairs. However, they will also go out of their way to pick up or fight for coveted items. (This is one way admittedly slow way to get the Amulet across non-teleport levels.)
- Rodney is a special case. He can teleport to you as a covetous monster. However, he can also be summoned by two different mechanisms: The double trouble spell creates a new second Rodney on the level is there is only one, and the random harrassment first tries to levelport a preexisting Rodney next to you, and only creates a new one if it doesn't find one. (Rodney keeps this special property even if slimed, but then you get a slime who levelports to meet you.)
Improvements welcome. --Tjr 22:36, 28 July 2011 (UTC)
- You forgot foocubi. They teleport away after a seduction attempt (even if the attempt was not complete because you did not take off your suit or cloak).--Fyr (talk) 05:59, 21 January 2014 (UTC)
Why did I just die?
Peculiar thing just happened...
1. Was beset by an Umber Hulk and a Sergeant, and had been made confused. 2. Health was low. 3. Read scroll of teleport from my inventory. 4. Teleported vertically, taking the Hulk and the Sergeant with me.
How the hell did this happen?
Reading a scroll of teleportation while confused results in a level-teleport rather than a regular teleport. Umber hulks and sergeants follow you from level to level, regardless of whether you levelported, jumped down a hole, or just used the stairs like a regular person.
Due to what may be a bug, extrinsic levitation from the levitation boots or ring of levitation does not count.
possibly because you could teleport next to a nymph and get them stolen... --22.214.171.124 12:16, 16 February 2015 (UTC)