Talk:Wand of teleportation
Blessed Wands of Teleportation
If this wand is blessed, can you choose where to teleport?- - DemonSlayerThe3 :: The Neutral Gnomish Wizard, with my kitten Ellinis! 19:48, September 5, 2010 (UTC)
- No, that's teleport control. The closest thing to "blessed tele works better" is that blessed scrolls will let you decline to teleport. Tjr 19:50, September 5, 2010 (UTC)
- Blessed scrolls (but not wands) will give you teleport control for about 3 turns in SLASH'EM though. -Ion frigate 09:40, September 6, 2010 (UTC)
Monsters using wands of teleportation on you - some notes on testing this
If you want to wiztest his, here are my recommendations:
- Use the HPoM and genocide a and S. Other monsters are annoying.
- Drop a wand of teleportation and the Amulet together in a room.
- Spawn the HPoM while standing on the door.
- Step back, and lock the door (wand of locking is good here).
- Wait for a nice long time so the HPoM has time to grab the stuff.
- Open the door, and beat on the HPoM until he uses the wand.
NOTE: no-teleport doesn't apply in wizmode. Fortunatly, bcode, being cool, was able to test this in explore mode. He can confirm: this is NOT a sequence break. If you get zapped with a wand on a no-teleport level you will NOT teleport. "You hit the high priest! The high priest zaps a wand of teleportation! A mysterious force prevents you from teleporting!"--Preceding unsigned comment added by Blackcustard (talk • contribs)
- For what it's worth, other methods of scaring might also work - for example, I reproduced it using cause fear at high level. For the explore mode thing it might make sense to add a command to your NetHack build that switches between wizard and explore mode (that's how I did it, anyway). --Bcode (talk) 00:19, 11 October 2012 (UTC)