The Cerulean Sign is a special hallucinatory ward that is functional. On the ground, it appears as a "cerulean weeping-willow". It is the Dungeons and Dragons equivalent of the Elder Sign, introduced in Lords of Madness. In dnethack, it acts as a 1-fold elder sign.
Strokes to draw
The Cerulean Sign can't be normally drawn.
- It may be drawn with very low probability while hallucinating. In this case, the strokes to draw is the same as whatever you were TRYING to draw.
- It may also be drawn by polymorphing an existing engraving or found on a ring, both with low probability.
- If you know all other normal wards, reading a confused scroll of warding (which normally engraves a random ward you do not know) will draw the cerulean sign.
- b, j, m, p, w, l, P, U, ;, trapper, lurker above, nightgaunt, byakhee, mind flayer, deep one, deeper one.
1-fold (can't be reinforced)
How to learn
- The Cerulean Sign can't be learned.
- It may be found with low probability on randomly generated rings.
- Although the ward can't be learned, the ring can be applied to scare monsters as normal.