From NetHackWiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search


Strokes to draw


Warded monsters

Demons: i, E, greater demons, hellhounds, gargoyles, djinni, sandestini, salamanders. 50% to scare Chaos, 30% chance to scare Demogorgon and Lamashtu, and 11% chance to scare Asmodeus. It will never block Cthulhu, despite his symbol being that of a major demon.

Maximum reinforcement

Up to 7-fold.

Secondary effects


How to learn

  • Found in 5th, 6th, and 7th level spellbooks.
  • Pentagrams can be learned from maids. When a maid picks up a cursed object, she will either uncurse it (80% chance) or discard it by banishing it to the bottom of Gehennom (the vibrating square level) (20% chance). A semi-permanent ink pentagram is drawn as part of the banishment ritual.