Echidna, Mother of Monsters
The goddess fierce Echidna who is half a nymph with glancing eyes and fair cheeks, and half again a huge snake, great and awful, with speckled skin, eating raw flesh beneath the secret parts of the holy earth. And there she has a cave deep down under a hollow rock far from the deathless gods and mortal men. There, then, did the gods appoint her a glorious house to dwell in: and she keeps guard in Arima beneath the earth, grim Echidna, a nymph who dies not nor grows old all her days.
[ Theogony, by Hesiod]
Echidna can only be contacted in the Gnomish Mines.
You must not throw or eat eggs.
Your legs become serpents' tails.
Your odd legs can be seen from a distance.
Wear boots and a cloak or torso armor.
You are immune to acid. In addition, you gain the thick-skinned attribute.
Echidna grants skill with Unicorn horns
- Echidna's Venom: Spit acid in the chosen direction. The glob of acid deals 5 dice of damage to the struck target, and requires a to-hit roll.
- Lullaby: Attempt to tame chosen adjacent monster. Monsters must not be mindless and must be an animal or monstrous (snake-like or have no hands).
- Squamous: Your AC is modified by your Constitution.
- Acid Blood: Monsters that attack you in melee take acid damage.
- Mother of Monsters: Pets follow more closely.