Naberius, mysterious councilor
The Twenty-fourth Spirit is Naberius. He is a most valiant Marquis, and showeth in the form of a Black Crane, fluttering about the Circle, and when he speaketh it is with a hoarse voice. He maketh men cunning in all Arts and Sciences, but especially in the Art of Rhetoric. He restoreth lost Dignities and Honours. He governeth 19 Legions of Spirits. His Seal is this, which is to be worn, etc.
[ The Lesser Key of Solomon ]
Naberius must be addressed by one with at least 14 Int and Wis, while confused or having drunk at least one potion of booze per level.
You must have drunk at least one potion of booze per three levels in order to keep Naberius bound. Drinking more than 3 potions of booze per level will not be counted.
Your tongue becomes forked
Your forked tongue can only be seen up close.
Wear a mask to hide your mouth.
Naberius grants See Invisibility.
- Bloody Tongue: Causes chosen single adjacent monster to flee. Does not count as a hostile act.
- Silver Tongue: Tames chosen single adjacent monster. Note that the cap of 1 pet per 3 points of Cha applies. Excess pets will quickly untame.
- Crimson Fangs: When attacking a fleeing target you regain HP.
- Rhetoric of Magic: Naberius enhances spellcasting. Explosions are larger (5x5), rays are longer (2x), and spells do more damage (+50%).
- Arts and Sciences: Naberius causes all skills to be treated as at least basic, even if restricted