Simurgh, who roosts on the Tree of Life
If I were the rain that binds together the earth and the sky, who in all eternity will never mingle, would I be able to bind the hearts of people together?
[ Bleach, by Tite Kubo ]
The simurgh is depicted in Iranian art as a winged creature in the shape of a bird, gigantic enough to carry off an elephant or a whale. It appears as a peacock with the head of a dog and the claws of a lion - sometimes, however, also with a human face. The simurgh is inherently benevolent and unambiguously female.
"Si-", the first element in the name, has been connected in folk etymology to Modern Persian si ("thirty"). Although this prefix is not historically related to the origin of the name simurgh, "thirty" has nonetheless been the basis for legends incorporating that number - for instance, that the simurgh was as large as thirty birds or had thirty colours (siræng).
Iranian legends consider the bird so old that it had seen the destruction of the world three times over. The simurgh learned so much by living so long that it is thought to possess the knowledge of all the ages.
[ Wikipedia ]
Simurgh's seal must be drawn outdoors (windowless tower level 1, or some parts of quests.
You must not fall through trap doors or holes
You gain iron claws and a prismatic feathers around you head
Your claws and feathers can be seen from a distance.
Disguise the feathers with a helm and the claws with either gloves or a cloak.
You are immune to falling through trap doors, pit traps, and holes (currently ineffective to the Earthquake spell due to a bug).
Simurgh grants skill in enchantment magic
- Unite the Earth and Sky: Creates a tree or fills a pit with water in the chosen adjacent square.
- Hook in the Sky: You rise through the ceiling (as a quaffed cursed potion of gain level). Doesn't work if you have the Amulet.
- Enlightenment: You benefit from enlightenment.
- Lion's Claws: Your iron claws deal additional damage to some sensitive creatures.
- Siræng's Radiance: Deals your binder hit dice extra damage if the target lacks one of 15 resistances selected by random from: Fire, Cold, Shock, Acid, Petrification, Drain, Disintegration, Invisibility, Lack of invisibility, Undead, Fungus, Has infravision, Emits light.