- organized the annual June NAO tournament.
- is rewriting from scratch FreeNode:#nethack's Rodney (bot) (and contributed a lot to the original Rodney).
- coded nhbot.
- has a lot of NetHack-related scripts and things at 
- has ascended forty-nine times as of this writing: 22xWiz 9xMon 5xVal 3xBar 3xSam 2xHea 1xKni 1xPri 1xRan 1xRog 1xTou 0xArc 0xCav.
- posts on RGRN as Shawn M Moore (sometimes without that M).
- is very, very fond of Perl.
- enjoys a nice glass of Elbereth - or, as he would put it, ElberethElberethElberethElberethElbereethElbereth - chased with Mountain Dew.
- is currently working (with toft and doy) on Interhack, a layer between player and server (NAO) which extends functionality and adds a great deal of gameplay automation.
User:Eidobot is a bot written in Perl that adds new articles. He's released under the MIT license, so go nuts. The line breakdown is:
- real code: 36
- blank: 25
- license: 16
- minor code (brackets, etc): 12
- comment-only lines: 11
- total: 101
so as you can see, he's pretty lightweight. He uses WWW::Mechanize, which isn't in the core Perl distribution; download it with:
perl -MCPAN -e 'install WWW::Mechanize'
Annotating source code
One of my unfinished projects here at NetHackWiki is to label each function name (and long comments and important structures) to help source divers and source annotaters. Some of the things I've learned are:
- Naming Sting/Orcrist while twoweaponing the new artifact in the second hand is handled correctly.
- do_name.c#distant_monnam -- apparently the DevTeam anticipated the Astral call trick, but didn't handle it in all strings (do_name.c#line279 should use dist_monnam over Monnam, I think).
- dokick.c#line9 -- Sasquatches get a kicking bonus!
- Overlay support is incredibly pervasive (and must be difficult to maintain).
- There's going to be a lot of work to do when the next version comes out!
International Eidolos Day
The 13th of August is International Eidolos Day, when we all watch Eidolos on NAO. It's frowned upon for other people to ascend on NAO on this date.
- A soldier ant killed me on the morning of Aug 13, ending my ascension streak (I did get three wizards in a row, though!), so International Eidolos Day is cancelled. Sorry! :)