Jump to navigation Jump to search
A dumplog is a text file that records much of the game state at the end of a game. Things generally recorded in a dumplog include:
- The game version, start time, and end time.
- What was shown on the screen when the game ended.
- The last messages.
- The fully identified inventory. (Some dumplog implementations might additionally provide what the player knew about them at the time.)
- The player's attributes.
- The lists of vanquished creatures, genocides, and extinctions.
- The conducts the player followed.
- The dungeon overview (in 3.6.1 and beyond).
- In some implementations, if the player died, their tombstone.
- The computation of the player's score.