Jump to navigation Jump to search
logfile is the file that contains a line of data for each game played. This file is in the same directory as the nethack executable binary.
Each line contains several fields, separated by a space, for example:
#: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 data: 3.4.3 916 0 5 6 0 28 1 20060611 20060611 1031 Wiz Gno Fem Neu paxed,killed by a boiling potion
The fields are as follows:
- version. In this case, it's 3.4.3
- dungeon number. These correspond to the DUNGEON-definitions in dungeon.def-file.
- 0 The Dungeons of Doom
- 1 Gehennom
- 2 The Gnomish Mines
- 3 The Quest
- 4 Sokoban
- 5 Fort Ludios
- 6 Vlad's Tower
- 7 Elemental Planes. The dungeon level -field denotes the plane.
- dungeon level. This is normally positive, except in the case of Elemental Planes:
- -5 Astral Plane
- -4 Plane of Water
- -3 Plane of Fire
- -2 Plane of Air
- -1 Plane of Earth
- maximum level
- hit points
- maximum hit points
- number of deaths. This increases even if the death was averted with amulet of life saving.
- end date in YYYYMMDD format
- start date in YYYYMMDD format
- user ID. This is the UID NetHack runs as, and is only relevant for operating systems that use userIDs.
- name and reason for game ending, separated by a comma