Other types of explosion?
This page appears to be written from the user interface point of view. I have categorized it there.
There are explosions and things that explode in nethack that are more limited in their area of effect and as far as I am aware don't display as an explosion in the user interface (ones I can think of enumerated below). Do we need some kind of disambiguation?
- The exploding attack of spheres (excluding the gas spore which although spherical is arguably not a "true" sphere in the nethack sense)
- The exploding attack of yellow and black lights
- potion of acid when dipped in water
- Cursed crystal balls.
- trapped doors
- land mines
- spellbooks (radiate explosive energy, but are not consumed)
- Container traps
- potions when destroyed by fire "boil and explode"
an assumption about traps
If you receive a message about a magickal explosion, but see nothing that caused such, is it safe to assume that it is the last gasp of a magic trap?Slarty 20:14, July 26, 2010 (UTC)
- If it's "you are caught in a magical explosion", then yes. Tjr 09:51, July 27, 2010 (UTC)