I've just encountered Grayswandir in a shop- it was $24,000zm rather than the $8,000zm mentioned. I was a Neutral Gnomish Healer CH13, and I dropped in via a hole. I then proceeded to get blasted after my dog stole it.--PeterGFin 15:31, 27 August 2007 (UTC)
Okay, which is it: one of the most coveted weapons or almost totally worthless? Lotte 18:07, 14 June 2006 (UTC)
- for toursists, its one of the best weapons through gehenomm(silver hating demons and such) i'm guessing mjollnir would be better in the endgame elemental planes but grayswandir never loses it's double damage vs any creature, so mjolnir can't be that much better.
- As a lawful, you can #offer corpses on an altar until you get it, or wish for it. --Jayt 08:55, 20 September 2006 (UTC)
- wish, just in time for gehennom if you use the castle wand.
Currently, the damage is denoted as "2x(1d8)+(1d20)". Isn't it the same as 2d8+(1d20) or 1d16+(1d20)? --ZeroOne 08:40, 21 September 2006 (UTC)
- 2 x 1d8 == 2d8, not 1d16 --Paxed 09:50, 21 September 2006 (UTC)
- 1d16 is definitely not the same as 2d8 (e.g. you can't roll a 1 with the latter). I think the intention of the "2x(1d8)" is to show that the double damage applies to grayswandir's base damage but not its silver damage. It actually applies to its enchantment damage too, so this notation is not entirely clear. I added a section on damage calculation. --Jayt 10:37, 21 September 2006 (UTC)
- No, that's not the same thing either. See D notation for details. 2x(1d8) doubles the roll of one die, whereas 2d8 adds the rolls of two separate dice. --220.127.116.11 08:51, 29 May 2011 (UTC)
Why isn't strength bonus included in the calculation? 18.104.22.168 17:17, 31 August 2011 (UTC)
Strength bonus is irrelevant to damage calculations because it's the same regardless of what weapon you use. Scorchgeek 03:47, 15 February 2012 (UTC)
- So is expert skill bonus, and it's included. Personally I say include neither - both vary for different characters, and both aren't really inherent to the weapon. -Ion frigate 15:49, 16 February 2012 (UTC)
- I agree, so I made the change. Personally, I never wield Grayswandir at expert. It's much better to twoweapon with your arc than to wield at expert. Derekt75 19:31, 17 February 2012 (UTC)