Why does it say that Atheists should be careful about using reverse genocide, does genocide break the Atheist conduct as well as genocideless?--Preceding unsigned comment added by MysterX (talk • contribs)
- No, but using an altar to identify the scroll as cursed does, and it'd really suck to genocide nurses by mistake.--Ray Chason 23:24, 9 January 2008 (UTC)
- A good way of ensuring you have an appropriate BUC scroll is to be lucky enough to find clear potions in the dungeon or purchase them in a General Store or Delicatessen. The game internally groups unidentified potions together, so when you have 3 stacks of clear potions:
- 1) Dip one single potion in to a stack of another. Cursed potions will decrease the BUC, blessed will increase the BUC.
- 2) If the water glows blue, it is automatically identified as a "blessed clear potion", and placed in its own stack.
- 3) If the water glows black, it is a "cursed clear potion", again in to its own stack.
- 4) f you are truly unlucky, you might dip a blessed potion in to a cursed one and end up with an amber glow, indicating the cursed potion has been "blessed" up to uncursed. If you have multiples of ALL potions, you then can deduce that both initial stacks are "non-uncursed" and thus use the third remaining stack to identify the remaining two. -- Kalon 03:35, 18 March 2008 (UTC)
I noticed the comment on line #1390 of mhitu.c in the source code that says, "/* no upper limit necessary; effect is temporary */" and I assume this is referring to the max HP increase. Can that be confirmed and added to the wiki?--FauxReal 18:59, 20 May 2008 (UTC)
- Just to clarify: that only applies when you're polymorphed (
Upolydis true), as checked a few lines above.--Ray Chason 19:27, 20 May 2008 (UTC)
Under Strategy we can read: "Note that monsters can be generated in the locked room as well, so [...]". I think that monsters will only in exceptional cases be generated in the same room as (or rather in line-of-sight to) the player. One is if the player is blind. Another one is if there's no free place outside. So there should not be an issue with "generated monsters". What still can happen is that some wall/door-phasing monsters (including shape changers) pass into the room from outside. BTW (WRT "the best place"); from this perspective it's also okay to perform nurse dancing on the first Sokoban level. At least one boulder remains to block the doorway, then the player can position in the mid of the room so that he has line-of-sight to each corner, and no monster will be generated in that room (unless blind). --126.96.36.199 16:41, 29 December 2014 (UTC)
As of 3.6.0 the image on the page is out of date, as it shows an Elbereth engraving activated by rocks next to the door. This should be changed to show a scroll of scare monster, which is the only thing that will serve the same purpose in 3.6. --Phol ende wodan (talk) 19:04, 23 October 2016 (UTC)