Talk:Wand of polymorph
whats the range?
What happens if I zap a monster with a wand of polymorph while being engulfed by it?
- I tried this in SlashEm; it had no effect.Petzl 21:00, 29 December 2008 (UTC)
Based on my first test, using a fog cloud, resulted in "You break out of the frost giant!", so I'd imagine you break out of the new monster. Aeronflux 23:25, 12 September 2008 (UTC)
- Confirmed in vanilla Nethack with Air Elementals. "You break out of the umber hulk". --18.104.22.168 20:30, 26 December 2011 (UTC)
Are wands of polymorph immune to polymorphing?
- No they aren't immune, but additionally they cannot turn in to other wands of polymorph *OR* get additional charges from the polymorphing. According to this zap.c#1328, the wand of wishing and wand of polymorph turn in to either a wand of lightning or wand of light. -- Kalon 04:48, 7 November 2008 (UTC)
Apparently items polymorphed revert back to their original composition? (in Slashem, at least) Petzl 21:00, 29 December 2008 (UTC)
You can id the /oP by engraving over the writing in the dust. The writing will change unlike other $200 wands. --22.214.171.124 11:22, 11 November 2011 (UTC)
You will auto-identify the wand when you witness a monster polymorph itself twice by using the wand. This may be subject to an int check.--126.96.36.199 01:27, 9 June 2012 (UTC)
- You will identify the wand the first time you *see* a monster use one. http://nethackwiki.com/wiki/Source:Muse.c#line1789 --Tjr (talk) 09:06, 9 June 2012 (UTC)
Someone told me that all polymorphs are impermandant, unless you ware a particular ring, but I'd like to verify. Are wand of polymorph polymorphs permanant?Slarty 20:34, October 29, 2010 (UTC)
curses; zapped again!
What novel behavior is displayed/encountered in cursed WoPs?
- None. Cursed wands have a small (much larger and much more devastating in SLASH'EM) of exploding if cursed. There are no other effects. -- Qazmlpok 02:50, October 30, 2010 (UTC)