User:Chris/dNetHack/Cartouche of the Cat Lord
Strokes to draw
The Cartouche is reinforced by adding additional hieroglyphs to the name. As such, the number of strokes required is much more highly variable. However, since all hieroglyphs require less than 10 strokes, this is only important if you use a slow engraving method.
- Hostile fs that see this ward become peaceful and are returned to full health.
- Grants drain resistance when reinforced 4-fold ('five-hieroglyph partial cartouche')
- Grants sickness resistance when reinforced 7-fold ('nine-hieroglyph completed cartouche')
- Becomes inactive if all domestic felines are exterminated (by genocide or by killing at least 120 individuals).
How to learn
- Found in spellbooks of third level and above.
- Found on 1/24 magic rings with a useful engraving.