Hi, Tahc! Welcome, and thanks for joining NetHackWiki!
- The How to help and Style guide pages are excellent starting points.
- Special:Recentchanges is a great first stop, because you can see what other people are editing right this minute, and where you can help.
- Questions? Need help? You can ask at the Community Portal, the forum, or on the discussion page associated with each article! Just remember to sign those posts with four tildes: ~~~~. That will expand to create a signature.
We are really happy to have you here, and look forward to working with you!
This is an automated greeting. -- The Welcome Bot 06:58, 24 Aug 2017 (UTC)
Re. Template:ASCII and Template:Keyboard Commands: the "view" -link to the template in the template itself is not needed. The templates aren't edited often enough to need the link, and the people who should be editing templates know where to find them without the link. Also, the link shows up when printing the page. --paxed (talk) 14:31, 2 September 2012 (UTC)
- When you edit a page, all used templates are shown at the bottom "Templates used on this page:", so it's really not needed at all. --Bhaak (talk) 09:09, 3 September 2012 (UTC)
- In my opinion, most users will not notice the "[v]" at all. Those who do will likely be confused, since it's not obvious "[v]" stands for view source. So I don't see a benefit to the "[v]". On the other hand, I think you have a legitimate complaint: it's too hard to figure out how all these transclusions work if you're new. Perhaps the proper course of action is to file a bug with the Mediawiki devs. However, the importance of software ergonomics and usability seem to be a hard sell on developers in general. --Tjr (talk) 15:17, 10 September 2012 (UTC)