Half-Dragon (starting race)
Half-dragons are a new playable race in dNethack.
- Half-dragons may be archeologists, barbarians, binders, convicts, knights, monks, priests, rogues, rangers, samurais, troubadours or wizards.
- Half-dragons have a random (excluding magic missile and disintegration) breath weapon.
- costs 15 energy to use.
- does not burn nutrition.
- does not suffer from spell failure.
- does (1+(XL/2))d6 damage.
- Half-dragons are immune to their own breath weapon, providing the relevant permanent resistance.
- Half-dragons gain 1 bonus AC per 3 levels.
- Half-dragons are slower than normal (speed 8 instead of speed 12).
- Half-dragons are counted as humans for cannibalism and same-race sacrifice purposes.
- Half-dragons gain intrinsic flying at 14th level.