Half-dragon (starting race)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Half-dragons are a new playable race in dNethack.
- Half-dragons may be anachrononauts, archeologists, barbarians, binders, cavepeople, convicts, knights, monks, priests, rogues, rangers, samurais, troubadours or wizards.
- Half-dragons have a random (excluding magic missile and disintegration) breath weapon. (fire, frost, lightning, acid, sleep, and poison gas)
- costs 15 energy to use.
- does not burn nutrition.
- does not suffer from spell failure.
- does (1+(XL/2))d6 damage.
- Half-dragons are immune to their own breath weapon, providing the relevant permanent resistance.
- Not immune to blindness "by the flash" caused by being hit with a lightning bolt
- Half-dragons gain 1 bonus AC per 3 levels.
- Half-dragons are slower than normal (base speed 8 instead of speed 12).
- Half-dragons are counted as humans 'and' dragons for cannibalism and same-race sacrifice purposes.
- Half-dragons gain intrinsic flying at 14th level. ("You feel wings sprout from your back!")
- Half-dragons will start with a pet "tiny pseudodragon" instead of a dog/cat/pony, and the pseudodragon also shares the relevant breath attack/resistance.
- Knights spawn with "saddled riding pseudodragon", which is 2 steps of growth older and can be ridden.