The following monsters are considered metallivorous:
Iron that is not rustproof is considered a treat to pet metallivores. They are fairly easy to keep fed because most monsters that you defeat will drop metal armor or weapons. A pile of darts is a tasty meal for a pet rock mole, and a rust monster will happily eat all those pairs of iron shoes that are cluttering up the Gnomish mines. Metallivores can also eat food tins. After eating a metallic object, metallivores have a chance of leaving behind a pile of rocks.
- You hear a crunching sound.
- A monster is eating metal somewhere on this level.
- <Monster> chews through the iron bars.
- A monster is eating through iron bars.
- You hear a crunching noise.
- As above, but you cannot see the monster.